Wednesday, October 7, 2009

How I got my avatar - The Eiffel Tower

I have always been fascinated by places and traveling since I was a kid. I have always dreamed of going to Paris like most people. In the spring of 2007 I finally decided to go and four weeks later I was on a plane bound for France.

My plane arrived in Paris Charles du Gaulle Airport at around 10:30am and was checked in my hotel at around 12:30pm. I then found a pay phone a block away from my hotel to tell my mother that I got to Paris safe and sound. I always call her when I travel internationally. Since it was still early in the day, I've decided to start playing tourist and the first order of the trip was the Eiffel Tower.

If you have an opportunity to go to Paris for the first time, the Eiffel Tower should be the first thing that you should see. I have several photos of the Eiffel Tower taken in different angles of the park and this is one of my favorites.

The reason why I chose the best known symbol of Paris is that this trip change my outlook in life. Suddenly, working more than 40 hours a week in a corporate environment became dull and a bit unfulfilling. I suddenly wanted to work to live and not live to work like most Americans seem to do. A greater zest for life seem to be something I wanted. I have traveled internationally prior to this trip - Mexico, Canada, London, Spain, but somehow it was this trip and opened my eyes to a lot of things. It was not about making a lot of money. Suddenly, it's all about enjoying what you do. Like the saying goes "do what you love so you never have to work your entire life." For me it was working with my hands and jewelry making is only one way to satisfy it. Have you ever felt that way before at one point in your life?

I know this is quite a long blog post but I thought I'd explain it to you all. By the way, here's another one of my favorite photos of the Eiffel Tower. Every night at around 9pm, the Eiffel Tower does a light show for the public. If you ever go to Paris, you should check it out.

Have you ever been to Paris?

http://emmalucindajewelry.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment